Thursday, April 9, 2009

Project time!


I'm sure most if not all of you have heard about the wonder that is Ikea. I realize not everyone may see it as the magical fairy land that I do, but it's pretty darn neat. It carries inexpensive products that are reliable, functional, and generally go with most decor choices. (Excluding thier textiles, sorry Ikea, maybe it's because I'm not Swedish? Or maybe it's because they look like they should decorate a pshychodelic pre-school? I don't know) In the real world, my boyfriend and I are buying a house, so in my search for inexpensive home decor options I stumbled across something extra fabulousness. Ikea Hackers. This website is a collection of people using Ikea products in somewhat non traditional ways. It's not like they're making sex swings, but refunctioning bookcases, and how many ways you can use Ikea counter tops, and tables. I think it's a really neat website the light on the top is just an example of some of the things people come up with. It's also really neat to see the different types of homes Ikea products fit into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?